It’s a wrap! Summerfest, the World’s Largest Music Festival, has come to an end. Located in Milwaukee, WI, this annual event ran for 11 days and attracted a whopping 878,636 people. The festival welcomed music’s biggest superstars and local talents to its many stages. In addition to the great music, Summerfest-goers enjoyed tasty food, spectacular fireworks, fun games, unique shops and much more. Summerfest had a little something for everyone to enjoy.
As the official sponsor of the exciting “Jockey® staycool hole-in-one” attraction, we were thrilled to be a part of this mega-music event. The Jockey® hole-in-one challenge put golfers’ swings to the test as they hit (up to three balls) at the lakefront’s lagoon island green. The prize for the first participant to hit a hole-in-one included an all-expenses-paid Mexican resort vacation.
So, you’re wondering, did anyone hit a hole-in-one? Nope. Unfortunately, we did not have any golfers strike a lucky hole-in-one. But, we had some that came really close! Here are some fun stats from the Jockey® staycool hole-in-one challenge:
- 7,983 people paid $6 for 3 golf balls
- 23,949 total golf balls were hit
- 10,000 Jockey® staycool coupons were distributed to participants
Other interesting facts, fun stats and cool info from the BIG GIG include:
- 878,636 people attended Summerfest (22,382 more than last year)
- A new Commemorative Opening Day Ticket was introduced
- Summerfest’s Biggest Bang Ever fireworks show was heard in Michigan
- Summerfest Headliner Release Parties were held to let fans “be the first to know” which bands would perform
- Jockey was featured as a first-time Summerfest sponsor
- 6,567 runners representing 46 states and 12 countries participated in the event’s newly created Rock ‘n Sole Half Marathon and 10K Run
Next year, Summerfest will celebrate its 45th Anniversary. Until then, Jockey® wants to give a special thank you to both Summerfest for allowing us to be a part of this special summer celebration and to the great fans that stopped by the Jockey® staycool hole-in-one challenge.
The Jockey® team