Shop at Jockey this November to make a difference in the life of an adoptive family. When it comes to comfort, Jockey knows best. And, when it comes to family, we are a company who puts family first. This November, in support of Jockey Being Family – our commitment to adoptive families across North America – Jockey is celebrating National Adoption Month by getting the word out and raising funds to provide a little extra comfort to adoptive families.
To show our commitment, Jockey is donating 1% of all our catalog and online sales along with accepting $1 donations in Jockey outlet stores, all which funds critical support for children and families after an adoption. By shopping at Jockey this November, you can help us make a difference in the life of a family.
We are excited to be a part of this month-long celebration, but our commitment is year-round. Since the launch of the program in 2005, we have:
- Contributed $3 million to the issue
- Inspired hundreds of Jockey employees to volunteer more than 6,000 hours to the cause
- Reached more than 275,000 families across North America
- Delivered 7,000 backpacks through the Home to Stay® Program to newly adoptive families
- Engaged 1,600 issue champions via the North American Council on Adoptable Children Community Champions Network, parents and professionals who provide support to adoptive families
How can you get involved?
Shop www.Jockey.com and Jockey outlet stores this November.
Please join us and help make a difference.
In 2005, we launched Jockey Being Family, a program that aims to help support post-adoption services. Since then, we have:
- Contributed more than $2.5 million to the issue
- Inspired hundreds of Jockey employees to volunteer more than 4,000 hours to the cause
- Reached more than 250,000 families across North America
- Delivered 3,300 backpacks through the Home to Stay® Program to newly adoptive families
- Distribute adoptive parent manuals to 100,000 families each year with the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption®
- Engaged 1,500 issue champions via the North American Council on Adoptable Children Community Champions Network, parents and professionals who provide support to adoptive families
Throughout the entire month of May, you have the opportunity to help us create forever families.
Here’s how you can help:
You can donate to Jockey Being Family at any Jockey outlet store (find your nearest store) or online at Jockey.com. To donate in-store, you will be invited to add $1 to your purchase at checkout. To donate on Jockey.com, simply choose to add $1 to your order at the time of order checkout.
Thank you in advance for your support in our mission to help bring comfort to adoptive families!
On May 9th Jockey employees lined the sidewalks of the Jockey Factory Store standing on their heads. Crazy? Sure. But, the handstands served a very important purpose.
Our corporate citizenship program, Jockey Being Family, has teamed up with Adoption Resources of Wisconsin for their statewide foster care recruitment campaign – “Turn a Life Around.”
The 2012 “Turn a Life Around” campaign began May 1st with handstand flash mobs in Appleton, Madison, Milwaukee, La Crosse, Eau Claire and Kenosha. Flash mobs will continue to take place all month long.
To check out photos from our flash mob at the Jockey Factory Store, see the photo album below.
We’d love to hear, have you or any one that you know experienced the joy of adopting a child?
(Click photos to enlarge)