All About Athleisure: How to Pull Off the Trend
Gym-to-street style is one of the hottest things in fashion right now. It’s incredibly versatile, totally customizable and the perfect blend of comfort and style. In a nutshell, athleisure wear looks (and feels) fabulous no matter what you’re doing or where you’re going.
Another perk? It runs the gamut of looking-like-you-just-left-the-gym (even if you didn’t) to casually comfy-and-chic-in-one. The flexibility is truly amazing and allows your inner, truest self to shine through.
We’ve got a hunch that this craze isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. So, if you’ve yet to give it a whirl, here are our tips for building your very own brunch-to-crunch look.
This trend is all about comfort, so make sure your first layer is soft and smooth. The softness will keep you comfy, while smooth, fitted styling will create a streamlined, less bulky “primer.” The Supersoft cami is a perfect choice on top—it’s light, breathable and gently skims over your body, while the high-waist legging or slim bootleg pant are ideal on bottom.
Play with layers:
Polished style (that looks effortlessly pulled together) is all. about. layers. Top off your cami or tee with a long cardigan, light jacket (we love denim and khaki), flannel button down or hoodie. Not only will the extra layer add visual interest, but it’ll also help set the tone (i.e. loungy vs. lively)
Finish off your head-to-toe getup with a pair of sneaks or flats, your favorite bag and everyday jewelry. Voilà, just like that, you’ve got this whole athleisure thing down.
Our Favorite Athleisure Looks
Active, fresh and sharp, plus unbelievably comfortable
- Studio pocket ankle legging: Stretchy fabric and vibrant patterns put a pep in your step
- Long-sleeve performance tee: Casual, relaxed styling with a modern drop back hem (plus, it has thumbholes!)
- Studio zip-front vest: Versatile and figure-flattering, this vest features cool mesh detailing and a hoodie
Easygoing, laid-back and comfy… need we say more?
- Core rib tank: Soft and stretchy with added length. It’s absolute perfection under a jacket or cardigan
- Cozy knit jogger: In a word: amazing. Ultra-comfy and cute, the jogger is an updated sweat pant that’s very “in” right now
- Cozy Open Cardigan: Lounge or take to the street in comfortable warmth. The front pockets are perfect for keeping your essentials close to you while your on the run.
The whole athleisure concept seems pretty simple, right? That’s because it is! You don’t have to do this, or need to try that. Just have fun, mix-and-match, edit-and-enhance. Do whatever it takes to create an outfit that makes you feel comfortable and confident from the inside out.